Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Rise Up

Things I believe in:
Synchronicity
Being the change you want to see in the world
Art having a purpose
Helping

Last night, I went to a member meeting at PoetHouse, and talked to Sarah (who, by the way, is the creator of the lovely airstream painting I was so admiring at the grand opening) a little bit about Rise Up, the organization that is partnering with PoetHouse. Rise Up is a non profit whose focus is empowering communities, especially the children in said communities, that have suffered from poverty and exploitation due to lack of fair trade practices, corruption, and apathy. They are doing this through art and fashion, and I am so excited to learn more about this group.



...on the bomb.

In quick other news- it has been two weeks since I have had studio time, and I am itching to return to this piece I've been working on. I've been cutting out rockets from cheery robin's egg blue colors, and rereading the story of chicken little, which really is slightly disturbing.

No comments: