Thursday, August 20, 2009

My friends are Creative, in Different ways












My friend James the Boot is a creative fellow, in a completely different way then me.  He has studied green building practices in South America, and he is currently implementing his skills at a little stead northwest of Bend.  He and his sidekick, Greg, are making adobe bricks from scratch to build an entry wall.  Olivia, his lovely girlfriend, and I brought the boys lunch this afternoon and witnessed the process.  It reminded me of the days at MTSU mixing clay in the art barn, only on a much larger scale.  I find it fascinating, and am therefore going to share.

By the way, it's just the two of them, piles of dirt/clay/a little cement and straw, and the hot sun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that looks like a lot of back breaking work.
FAR