Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Postponed. Again.






                                            A detail from an altered book I did a while ago.

Whoever thinks that artists need strife and angst to do work was mistaken. I think I mentioned this fact before.  It's a common misconception advanced by the myth that is VanGogh, Rothko, etc.  When things are unsettled, I have a hard time creating for myself.  If I have something that Needs to get done I'm your go to girl- hence the coffee wall (which I still need to photograph- I will soon).  But with all the distractions of the last month and a half, I haven't been able to make much progress on the collages I have been working on.  So, Lisa and I decided rather than to stress ourselves out even more, we would postpone our duet show.   This is a good thing, because I will be able to document progress a little more effectively.

 Despite the slight block,  there is one piece I am working on that I am very very excited about and don't want to rush- it's the story of a prayer.





No comments: